View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 04:07 PM   #7402
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just took part in the worst boss fight I've ever experienced in a video game in Redfall. The fight was a pain in the arse for the simple reason that the fight was designed like crap.

The fight is just two phases, but when the boss goes immune the objectives become completely unclear. To make matters worse you are constantly swarmed with adds and when you do figure out what to do the hit collision is almost impossible. To top it all off you are presented with absolutely trash visuals of white on top of washed out white with a swirly white background. The cherry on top is the fact that the game crashes down to like 10 FPS during this on my 3080ti.

I had to watch a video for the first time so far in the playthrough to figure out what to do and laughed when the guy showing it was like, "You have to destroy the red orbs, but you can shoot the red orbs all day and nothing will happen. What you actually have to do is spray gunfire over top of the the orbs like a blanket until you randomly hit the right spot enough times to destroy it.....this fight is basically unplayable."

It's a shame because we were enjoying it up to this point. We got through it and decided to put the game down for the day. Not sure if we will pick it back up or not honestly.

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-03-2023 at 04:24 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote