Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2023, 08:07 PM   #145
Edward64
Head Coach

Based on your statement

Quote:
FYI "citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States" only appears twice in the bill. Above and in the section that defines "Foreign Principal". After reading the bill that was signed into law, I am no longer sure if that actually allows citizenship or lawful permanent residency to override being part of the groups described above.
:
That is a separate issue.

You state this is a "separate issue" (not sure if I got the context right) but I don't think it is a separate issue. It's actually central to my position and believe it pertinent on how I answer your other follow-up questions.

So before I respond further, can you confirm the below? Just so we level set and create a baseline that is, at least to me, central to my position.

I am saying the bill applies to non-American Chinese (e.g. foreign principals) and not US citizens/PR of Chinese descent. I think you are saying the bill, as written, does not only apply to non-American Chinese but also does/may apply to US citizens/PR of Chinese descent. Is this correct?

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-23-2023 at 08:42 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote