View Single Post
Old 05-13-2023, 09:41 AM   #485
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Mack's back home after completing her freshman year. Looks like both semesters she will finish with all A's and a B.

On a related note, the one thing I hate about the college process is the FAFSA thing. I just got another email about hurrying to finish it. I fricking hate it. I don't remember the logins, it's confusing and complicated, and it doesn't change anything in the end. I only do it because I'm afraid there's some rule that to qualify for KEES money (KY's yearly contribution of money based on HS performance) a FAFSA needs to be completed.

I didn't file one last year. They still got their KEES.

My son walked at EKU's commencement yesterday. He graduated over the winter, but we really wanted him to do this, and we're happy that he did. He's moved back home for a few months to try and save money while he builds flight time to works his way to an airline. It's been a frustrating time for him. Everything you hear about 'pilot shortage' is really, really winding down at the lower levels. It's going to be a total reversal in about 3 years time. He's been struggling to find jobs that don't require 24 month commitments. He's only about 350 hours away, and that's maybe 6-10 months worth or work. The plane he's been flying has been down for 10yr heavy maintenance since January. So he's been stuck.

The youngest has been a giant pain. He's trying really hard to be his own man, in his own life, but he's been super self centered, hardly a care about anyone else's life but his own. He's moving out in July, and moving in with his newly 18 gf. I think he's trading one situation for another, but they seem happy right now. Of course, I've told him that you both have lots and lots of life ahead of you and there's no point to get yourself bogged down (or pregnant) and that your lives can and will take difficult turns in the next 5-7 years. He is dead set on choosing his own path, and the one that likely results in some hard headed lessons to come.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote