View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 07:20 AM   #453
Edward64
Head Coach

I would love to do a mini-version like this (couldn't handle 3 years).

Why I signed up to live on a cruise ship for three years | CNN
Quote:
When Sharon Lane heard about a cruise company offering a three-year-long voyage around the world, she immediately started fantasizing about life on board.

Life at Sea Cruises is selling places on board the MV Gemini, which sets sail from Istanbul on November 1 on an epic global journey that will take in most of the planet’s prime cruising destinations.
If it's $30K a year for the cheapest room, then guessing maybe $45K a year for a room with a window & balcony. Can't handle a "virtual inside" room, would need a window.

Quote:
The cheapest rooms on the MV Gemini cost around $30,000 per year, including a discount for solo travelers. Lane calculated this cost was manageable, and decided to dive in.
:
Lane has opted for one of the cheapest cabins on board – what Life at Sea Cruises’ is calling a “Virtual Inside” room. The 130-square-feet cabin has no window, but guests have been promised a screen that will broadcast live footage from outside the ship.
I think her assessment of covid measures is wishful thinking. Probably significantly increases her risk.

Quote:
Lane suffers from a medical condition in her lungs which she says makes her more susceptible to the effects of Covid-19 and other respiratory viruses. She’s rarely been out of her home, let alone on vacation, since the pandemic took hold.

But rather than being apprehensive about boarding a cruise ship, Lane suggests she’ll be more comfortable on board than on land – she’s confident in the cruise’s Covid measures and the medical facilities available on board, and also plans to take her own precautions.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-22-2023 at 07:22 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote