Thread: ChatGPT
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 10:17 AM   #114
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
My impression is that people are getting real value when using it for specific time saving tasks in an area you're already an expert in, but that it is unbelievably flawed and without having a wealth of knowledge on a subject already it's very easy to get screwed by it's output.

This is my take as well. I'm a programmer and recently took a new job that uses a language I've never used before (PHP). I've been using ChatGpt all the time to help me write code, and it's been very helpful but also does some wrong/weird stuff. I also have enough general programming knowledge to be really specific with what I want it to do, which helps a lot in getting better responses. It's not doing anything I couldn't do myself by reading the language documentation and a lot of Google searches, but it definitely saves time compared to that approach.

I'm not sure what version 5 or beyond will bring, but right now I see this as just another new tool in the tool belt. You'd be silly to ignore it, but it won't take your job at this point.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote