View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 12:06 PM   #210
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Right, I think there's an emerging consensus that there are 5 elite players in this draft, so pick 6 is either just after that dropoff, or (if lucky) just before it (due to someone else moving off the list). Feels like the single most likely of the 5 to drop to pick 6 is Carter because of off-field stuff and maybe sluggish metrics, but Richardson is the other possibility that I don't balk at when I see it happen in a mock draft engine.

I don't love trading up from 6 to 3-4-5 but... if the price is right I don't hate it.

I very much agree.

The Lions do have some extra draft capital due to the Stafford and Hockenson trades and if they really feel, as we do, that there is that drop off, and the price is right, why not go up and get the difference maker?

The other wildcard out there is that the Lions view the 6th overall pick as a boon and figure they won't likely be picking that high again for the near term and make a move to address the QB position and take either Richardson (if he falls) or Levis. This scenario makes me very, very nervous.

Speaking of QB's, I am very out on Hendon Hooker. He seems like a great dude, but he's old, he's coming off an ACL, and was successful in an offense that simply does not and cannot exist in the NFL and was the very same offense that convinced the Broncos to spend a 2nd round pick on Drew Lock with the notion that he could be a starting QB in this league. I don't like it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote