View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 01:40 PM   #145
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
1.8--Christian Gonzalez, CB Oregon (signing Gardner Johnson for one year does not make a big young outside corner less of a need)

1.18--Bijan Robinson, RB Texas (greed pick on my part. PFF gave it a D.)

2.44--Jack Campbell, LB Iowa (Resigning Anzalone does not change my vision of Campbell and Rodriguez as a great young LB core)

2.48 Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Edge Kansas State (great value here)

2.55 Sam LaPorta, TE Iowa (athletic and productive. Hope to develop into a good #3 option at some point)

Yeah, the framing is looking really familiar. I am dealing down from 1.6 a lot and picking up a 2nd, and then thinking of these five picks as a cohort, of a sort. Mentally rounding down the rest of the picks to darts, these are the guys we are counting on.

My overall thoughts:

-Feels like defense deserves a minimum of three picks. It should feel like a defensive focused draft, in my mind.

-That said, I am tempted by both Bijan (no other RB) and one of several TEs in various spots, so... I don't hate what you did there.

-I also still think that a 2nd round IOL could make sense, and that feels less contradictory somehow than skill players.

-I think the do need to add someone on the defensive line, inside or out, especially since they have skipped it, for the most part, in free agency. They might be a wise team that grabs a veteran rental in June (and I would support that, Trey Flowers or somesuch) but on paper it's a gaping need that I want to target in this complement somewhere.

Right now, given the CJGJ signing, I'm finding that skipping CB is the way to pull it all together easily.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote