View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 09:29 AM   #63
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Ashurst and Silzer both succeeded with their conversions and are now liberals. In addition, Silzer gained the pliable trait. Nobody got flip-flopper though.

In hindsight, this might have been a mistake. As part of politician conversions, a faction leader who is liberal can try and convert any liberal politician in the same party to their faction, as long as that politician is pliable. Silzer now has pliable, and Ashurst already did, so I might have screwed myself and end up losing one or both of them to the liberal faction. We'll see if he goes after these guys. I'm still learning the game as well, so mistakes will be made.

In addition, last politician conversion phase, Hoover's faction tried to convert a couple of my guys to republican. Only party leaders can do that, and the politician in question has to be marked for "party flip". I have four politicians that meet that criteria, and they are all pretty good. They are Admiral Chester Nimitz, George Marshall (WW2 general of Marshall plan fame), James Forrestall (IRL the first secretary of defense) and Wendell Wilkie, one of the few guys I have who is a potential presidential candidate. Last turn he tried to take Marshall and Wilkie, but was unsuccessful. I'm guessing he will make a run at a couple of my guys again.

There are only 3 politicians eligible for me to try and convert to my party, and none of them are particularly useful to me. There is a small chance of the politician gaining some traits if the conversion is unsuccessful, so I haven't decided yet if I want to take that chance. Honestly, I'm more worried about my guys leaving than getting someone else.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote