View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 10:10 AM   #97
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

October 1, 2014

Very little changed with regard to our recruiting efforts by September 1, so I went ahead and did another month's worth of work on the players we've targeted.

As I expected, we're in a two-way contest with Manhattan for the commitment of Roderick Gove. Their prestige is higher (45), and their head coach's recruiting ability is comparable to Graham's. The prudent approach would be to withdraw from the field, but I'd really, really like to sign Roderick. I'm going to send Coaches Sims and Manion to visit him again; it's all I can do at this point.

I have some thinking to do regarding Alphonse Johnson, too. He holds two offers besides ours: Columbia and St. Francis-NY. Their programs aren't as prestigious as ours, and they're located closer to his New York home. Alphonse says he has an Average interest in our program.

Johnathan Blouin's recruitment blew up last month. He received offers from Pennsylvania and Seton Hall. Both have us beat for Prestige--especially the Hall--but JB still lists us as his first choice. Perhaps he remembers we liked him first. Both coaches will visit him this month, doing all they can to make sure we stay tops on his list.

We're still the only school looking at Raleigh McGinty. If the high-scoring big man wants to end the recruiting process quickly, he'll probably say "yes" to us this month. Perhaps he wants to wait and see if other suitors come calling. We'll find out soon, and in the meantime, we'll keep the recruiting efforts strong.

Our last recruiting target, Richard Leak, is also still a Lafayette exclusive. Hopefully another month of our attention will convince him to give us a commitment.

It's time to fish or cut bait with Alphonse, and I've decided to take option two. I wouldn't have withdrawn my offer if I didn't have a player in mind who brings a lot of the same things to the table. Meet Samuel Davis.

HTML Code:
#53 C Samuel Davis -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-10 Weight: 224 High School: Northwest Guilford High School Hometown: Greensboro, NC GPA: 3.64 Test Score: 1500 Rating: ** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 23 14 16 49 11 27 35 31 52 27 46 54 19 51 28 18 Potential: C D C C C D C B A C B A Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 13.2 2.2 7.5 1.7 1.9 0.87 1.9 4.3 1.7 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.5 12.8 .427 2.1 4.6 .451 0.3 2.9 .086 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Current interest in Lafayette: Very High Rankings: None High School Awards: None Top 5 Schools: *Liberty, Lafayette, North Carolina A&T, Radford, Appalachian State

He lacks Johnson's touch around the basket and he's not as athletic, but he's a lot more interested in playing for us. Samuel has an offer from Liberty in his hand, but he's a smart young man. Surely he can see we have more to offer him (with the sole exception of a location very close to home). And speaking of offering him, that's what we do this month.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote