View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 11:45 PM   #82
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
That's a comfortable 3 game lead - knock on wood - and I'm glad to see the Good King (my own personal favorite Leopard) back in the lineup. Excited to see if Lien puts up video game numbers for you guys at the college level, too.

The other good teams in the Patriot League keep beating each other, and that's been very helpful for us. Plus, nobody in the league has been so bad that teams can count on a W when they see them on the schedule.

I'm a big fan of Castillo, too, ever since I began recruiting him. It's interesting; we seem to play with a bit more style when The Good King starts. Being introduced with the starting lineup seems to bring out the best in Venceslás. And Alvaro Kinard has been very effective coming off the bench. I'm going to roll with this lineup for a while.

Venceslás is officially listed as a "small forward," but there is nothing small about him. He's 6'8", and he's bulked up to 248 pounds. This is quite the Clydesdale lineup:

James Sanders: 6'11", 321
Clark Nolan: 6'9", 260
Venceslás Castillo: 6'8", 248
Hubert Song: 6'4", 220
Billy Weiler: 5'11", 209

Rhett King (6'9", 260) and Dana Broughton (6'6", 226) are two of the first three men off the bench. Armando Brown (6'0", 201) is solid. Kinard (6'5", 189) seems almost frail by comparison.

I hope we scouted Joe Lien fairly accurately, because his ratings suggest he could score just about anywhere. That 77 for INS is sweet, and his JPS and 3PT aren't bad, either. Our staff are mediocre scouts, so I won't believe the numbers until Joe arrives on campus. I believe I read somewhere that once a player joins your team, you see his actual ratings.

Thanks for stopping by, Izulde.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote