View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 04:22 PM   #767
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: 2113 Pre-Season Roster Set

Training Camp has finished and we told 10 players they won't make our pre-season roster. It's sad, because I saw upside in at least half of these kids. But we'll have to abide to the roster size limits and we'll still have an excess of 7 players to the regular season roster limit.

We released 7th round rookie QB Shawn Delay, last season's emergency signing QB Corey Backer, big-play WR Edgar Horn, undrafted rookie C Leonardo McConnell, 2112 5th round pick C Russell Mahoney, undrafted rookies DE Erick Carlin, DE Leslie Kelly and DT Viking Wedderburn, special teams expert LB Charles Wintch and finally 2112 undrafted rookie CB Kent Wodarz.

It wasn't even like they all had a bad training camp, Mahoney, Kelly and Wodarz were amongst the 11 players that made good progress. I'll list all the players that went +3 or better on the 1-100 scale by my staff.
QB Shawn DeLay +3
QB Bart Tanner +3
WR Rodolfo Lane +5
C Russel Mahoney +4
C Duane Ondre +6
LT Kristopher Harmon +3
P Zack Lestage +3
DE Erick Carlin +3
DE Lonnie Wynn +4
DE Jamie Coffey +5
DE Leslie Kelly +4
DT Francisco Blades +3
DT Garrett Theurer +5
DT Viking Wedderburn +3
LB Jorge Mayes +7
LB Nicolas Giles +5
CB Kent Wodarz +4
S Joe Ramsey +4

On the 60 men roster is QB Harrison Singleton. He's listed out for 22 weeks, which should keep him sidelined until roughly the start of the playoffs. Rest be assured, he won't see the field until he's cleared, there won't be any rushing him onto the field while almost ready. But it will mean we'll go into the regular season with 6 inactive players on the roster on top of the 46 active players. We'll see in a day or so where we stand as the re-assessment of mid-pre-season will be clear.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote