View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 11:37 AM   #4330
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Feels like a classic famous older guy v. less-famous younger guy fight where the better betting value is the younger guy, who usually wins these kinds of fights. And Jones is the favorite, though not overwhelmingly (-165).

Jones hasn't looked dominating for a while (and not since he last popped for PEDs). Moving up to heavyweight, that has to be considered too, he may have his compound pharmacies working overtime. Though - he actually looks kind of chubby.

I'll be in Oregon over the weekend with their legal betting (one of several things banned in my state but not over the border), and I'll probably lose some money in ill-advised parlays up and down this card.

Gonna agree with you here. Great chance for Gane. Jones has been chin checked many times at LHW and his advantages at 205 are going to be minimized in HW. I think with him having fewer fights on his body gives him some bonuses, and his overall talent is still there, but the HW division has undergone some changes as well since he was dreaming of moving up. I think I'd bet Gane and take the money. If you're going to catch Jones it's going to be in his first fight back in the cage with all the rust and speed coming at him all at once. Gane is only 3 years younger. Both guys have gone the distance enough that it they should know how to get there if they need to. I'm just not sure Jones will have as easy of a time at HW as we thought back in the day when he was cleaning out LHW.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote