View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 02:34 PM   #156
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
This was your best post of the discussion as it relates to facts, by far. Credit where credit is due. I won't belabor it by trying to respond to everything, but a few key points:

Yet still off the rails and terrible and such. Condescension is an interesting approach. I feel we waste more time deciding whether discussion is possible than actually discussing anything.

I would urge you to search for the NERC and learn about its mission and how that was recently changed to avoid too much recrimination when the US grid becomes more strained.

I don't know of any remedy for this. Ultimately, there's a lot of "IMO" in these, and it comes from, when we search for answers, accepting those that confirm the identities we've chosen in the first place.

I try to avoid it myself, but I know I can't as well as I'd like. I hope others can admit the same. I'm encouraged by others (I keep mentioning Bari Weiss, though I know people who enjoy the NYT have a particularly personal dislike for her given her exit) who want to upend the mainstream media/television entertainment paradigm (and of course that includes Fox and their friends) and delve deeply into issues.

As for the economics, I don't disagree with the concept of a debit card, but when the same set of products costs ten times more in their new form... it's not just about subsidized EVs. It's about replacing something that has demonstrably increased quality of life around the world in an unprecedented manner with something far more expensive, far less reliable and far less available to those in poverty.

This is why I point out that Germany has approved up to 10% of its GDP in subsidies just so individuals and businesses don't go bankrupt just keeping the lights and furnaces on. And why I quote the person at Deutsche Bank most responsible for their expectations about the future of energy.

Last edited by Solecismic : 12-31-2022 at 02:36 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote