View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 05:52 AM   #116
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I don't care if it was a trillion trillion dollars, it's not just about Tesla. If you have a better solution for speeding up EV adoption by the public, including the necessary infrastructure to make it viable and not just the cars themselves, that doesn't involve subsidizing the companies who make the vehicles, let's hear it.

I'm not being sarcastic. There might be one. But absent such a solution, my biggest problem with it is that we aren't spending nearly enough on this kind of thing and should be doing a lot more - here, on nuclear power, on development of alternative fuels and products for replacing oil in other sectors. Not just EVs, but that's an important element.

100%. Any efforts to regulate private industry into creating this infrastructure will fail. Tesla or any other company will find every loophole, do the bare minimum, and fuck us all for a little more profit. This has to be done by the government. The fact that will likely make a smug fuck like Elon Musk a little more wealth is an unfortunate side effect, but one that has to happen if we believe this is required as part of a climate change solution.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote