View Single Post
Old 12-21-2022, 02:14 PM   #77
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
If you have a major role in making one company successful and never do it again, sure. Musk has done this multiple times. That indicates that at some level he has an impressive level of ability in doing it. Most people don't even have a willingness to try, which might make them better human beings (or worse) in a variety of ways, but the idea that Musk has just gotten lucky and that's the sum total of his life story is totally laughable on it's face. It's like how you have to be lucky to become an astronaut in NASA - but you also have to be really good at some really important things also or it doesn't matter how lucky you are, it isn't happening.
There are many people I have known that would be considered "successful", and some are not very smart, some are quite evil, some are severe narcissist, and some are good people. There is something in them that drove them to be able to succeed, and it is not necessarily the same in each. Sometimes it is as simple as what they just had a great gift in that area. Some times it is an innovated mine that hit the right thing at the right time. Sometimes it is just a really disciplined business mind.

Elon reminds me of the people I know that just have this ability to convince people that whatever their idea is it is the best idea ever. He has that confidence that knows no fear. The problem is sometimes that goes hand in hand in being unable to recognize or admit mistakes. It is much like Trump. It is a narcissism that drive you to be real successful, but also make you dangerous in certain situations.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote