Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2022, 01:43 PM   #102
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
From a strictly military point of view, a secretary in the Commander's Office is most definitely at that level. Outside of that I think it is pretty cut and dry.

If she is typing up the order to execute people, she is definitely fits the definition and seems to have committed the crime. Her defense was she did not know what was going on. All of the killings and acts of torture were either documented and sent to the Commander's office or documented by the people in the Commander's office. My guess is she typed at least one or two of those documents.

I picture all those typists in Private Ryan who are typing out the death notices in a big room. I get there weren't 20-30-40 typists but I'd think there was more than just her.

Yes, hard for me to believe she didn't know something bad was going on and she probably typed a bunch of correspondence.

Possibly the last trial of this nature. I'm thinking the last of the German Nazi's are now buried in some South American cemetery ... but then there's always the possibility that "Boys from Brazil" was based on fact!
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote