View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 05:31 AM   #31
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
I bought the game upon release (15% off at $10.19 until 19 December) and I am still fumbling my way around. I started at 2* New Mexico State and set most of the settings to auto-recruit and autosim for game play.

It is still very early days but I see a lot of promise. There are a few vagaries of the game being in Early Access like a restriction of 96 teams to a universe and a few other settings for team/conference that are not 100% realistic but I do see a lot of promise.

I expect that the developer will implement a lot of desired changes and turn it into a full on NCCAA universe. It is not there yet but it won't be far off.

The $12 release cost of the game is expected to be maintained beyond Early Access. Whether you buy now or wait for further developments shouldn't be affected by price.

It is not there right now but I do think that it will improve with time.

I bought it as well and first of all I would say its a no brainer for me, especially for the $12 cost, people will definitely get their money's worth. The developer is very active in the discord community and appears to be open to improvements which is always good.

However with that said, I kind of picked up on that the goal is not to make this a full NCAA real experience so I am not sure how close it will ever become. Seems the goal was to keep things less complex so not really sure how close it will ever be in the areas that are currently under represented. But even with that, I still think it's a good game and worth playing even if it never adds a ton more. Some of the things I have seen so far would include.

- Roster sizes don't appear to be as large as real life
- Not the same amount of teams and conferences
- Currently no ability to add real logos, fields, etc. (can add real names through a custom league)
- Players are put into position groups, versus specific positions. For example, no difference in offensive line positions, linebackers, kickers, etc.
- During a game, no penalties called. Haven't seen the ability to call a time out, unless I missed it. Going to guess there are other limitations with playing a game that I haven't seen yet but doesn't concern me as much since I usually just sim things so I'll just need to use my imagination
- No sound in the game. I am not talking game sounds, literally no sounds at all as you do anything. Not a huge deal, but not sure I have seen a game where it is completely silent (not sure if your clicking on something).

I really like how they kept game planning really simple, basically setting a number of high-level categories versus going crazy with deep and situational setup which always overwhelmed me in other games. Seems to have reasonable recruiting including NIL you can provide to players. Boosters are in the game to give you goals where you could benefit. Has coaching Carousel and a bunch of other stuff. The user interface is fairly clean although as already mentioned some QOL things certainly could further enhance the experience. The stats and history seem reasonable and does have awards system. When you start a league you can also choose from two options, either school dynasty where you simply play at the same school forever or coach dynasty where you are a coach that can go from team to team to build a career. Also can customize how many teams make the playoffs.

No regrets in buying and again I think already worth the $12 (if not more). However, if not being exactly like real life NCAA bothers people, then those people may want to think twice since not sure it will ever provide the full experience. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote