View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 08:52 AM   #425
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Nice! Did he get a chance to party, flirt, smoke some mary-jane with her?

(Or was that Finland?)
That's Finland. Iceland, interesting enough elects like a Presidential king. He can introduce laws to parliament, create laws when parliament is not in session (though they later have to be ratified by parliament), and can send parliament home. Even though they have had that power since taking over for the King of Iceland in the 1940's, no king has ever used any of those powers.

My daughter got married last night in a sweet but spectacularly error filled event. From having to move the whole service inside 6 minutes before because it started raining, to half the cake being dropped on the floor while trying to put it on the table, it was quite the adventure. Thankfully she took everything in stride, and kept a huge beaming smile all the way through. We did the father/daughter dance to a slower remake of the "Friends" theme. Every-time that show came on when she was little, she would come rushing to me so we could do a silly dance. I got one last silly dance on the dance floor last night. I'm not crying, you are crying.
Simon told me about being able to screen the Weird Al movie hosted by his daughter (who goes to school with him). Weird Al even did a special intro for the event.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote