Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2022, 08:10 AM   #86
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Russia would love to pick up where they left off when all this is said and done. Oil to Europe is a primary revenue stream. They may be a lot of things but not that stupid.

Seems to me the media is winning the propaganda war and nationalism is clouding judgment. The good versus evil narrative seems to have swept a lot of inconvenient details under the carpet.

I never understood how German people could support Hitler when I was younger, but the brainwashing spin of the media is a very powerful force. I guess it even applied back then. Good people can be manipulated in to believing whatever a country wants it to.

I am open minded as to who destroyed the pipeline. I guess perhaps with the politics involved it is a conversation best avoided.
But there are also solid reasons for Russia to destroy the pipeline. One is as simple as insurance. Nord 2 was built and never actually used at great cost, and some compensation could be coming for the damage on both pipelines that are no longer providing income. The greater reason is Russia using this as a threat. The attacked pipelines not being used as an example of what they could do to other pipelines in the region that are vital.

I can think of a benefit to the US doing it, or even maybe Ukraine. UK? Not so much.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 11-05-2022 at 08:11 AM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote