View Single Post
Old 10-31-2022, 04:15 PM   #732
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: When the quarterback gets pulled...

I'm disappointed in my staff. Today, for the 6th time in 24 starts, my staff members decided to pull our starting quarterback Harrison Singleton early in the third quarter. Apparently they are too confident or insecure when there's a lead or deficit of 3 or more touchdowns. I tried to show them game film of the worst choke in Merchantmen history, when we pissed away a 21-point lead in the last 9 minutes of a game in Gothenburg. I'll write about the game later on, but for now, I have to get this off my system. It's unprecedented in the long history of the Maassluis Merchantmen to see our quarterback get pulled, let alone in 1/4th of his starts. Staff, please stop!

And then... I find out I actually sent them a note at some unknown moment in the past, telling them that replacing the starter is a great idea. I just forgot that I never told them to revert back to the most logical thing to do: stick with the starter as long as possible...

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 10-31-2022 at 05:02 PM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote