View Single Post
Old 10-25-2022, 07:35 PM   #22
Edward64
Head Coach

Jar of Hearts – Christina Perri

Record: The Ocean Way Sessions, 2010

Official Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v_4O44sfjM
Best Video: GLEE - Jar Of Hearts (Full Performance) HD - YouTube
Below is a video from “So You Think You Can Dance”. I’m no pro but really didn’t think the dance/ballet routine fit the song. So You Think You Can Dance: Billy Bell - Jar of Hearts (No Audience Sounds) - YouTube
But I read this is the one that introduced her to a bunch of people
Best Cover: None.
Twenty One Pilots did a cover but it was weird with a guy signing the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeJq8ejxLF4
Lyrics: ChristinaÂ*Perri – Jar of Hearts Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Awards:

Spending twenty-three weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, the song peaked at number seventeen.[18] Peaking at number fifteen after eleven weeks on the Pop Songs Chart, the ringtone version of the song has peaked at number twenty-one on the Ringtones chart after seven weeks.[18] The song spent 72 weeks on the Hot Digital Songs chart, despite missing the top fifteen of the Hot 100. As of June 2014, the song has sold over 3,798,000 digital copies in the US alone,[19]

Elsewhere, "Jar of Hearts" peaked at No. 2 in Australia and the Republic of Ireland, No. 3 in the Czech Republic and No. 4 in the United Kingdom and Finland. The song has remained in the UK Singles Chart for 27 weeks.[20]

Lyrics & Meaning:

Quote:
"Jar of Hearts" has been described as an autobiographical song for Perri, recalling an ex-boyfriend who wanted to reconnect after a tough breakup
Quote:
Perri described that the song came from true experiences, stating "I wrote the song after I went home to Philadelphia for the holiday last December. I sat in my childhood bedroom and hid from the boy (with the jar of hearts) who wanted to see me. My heart wanted to see him, my head knew better. I couldn't take one more break so I wrote the song instead."[

Misc Notes:

Quote:
She did a lot of touring before shifting her focus to family. In 2017, she got married, and in 2018 had her first child, a daughter named Carmella.

TBH, I’m not sure I really like this song. The lyrics & melody are pretty, but her voice is “off” to me (yes, it’s probably me).

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-25-2022 at 07:43 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote