Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 02:39 AM   #36
whomario
Pro Starter

Tough to dress up a turd. The tax cut is straight out of the neoliberalist handbook and the economic adviser allegedly behind it just gave an interview to a german paper that had the most "really?" Questions i ever saw in print. Complete dumbsterfire, both the presented plans the anticipated consequences of failure (say goodby to state institutions). I mean, at least he was honest: he's a 79 year old whose most modern influences are all dead by now

The proposed tax cuts and the ideas behind it are straight up betrayal of anybody not in the Top 5 or so percent with maybe a bit of wishfull thinking.. I mean, you get a glimpse in the snippets as well, straight furtune cookie wisdom.

A Times poll just had Labour with a 33 point lead, up like 15 since the announcement of the plans. (In the british system, which seems quite outdated itself) this would be an extinction level defeat as it would mean like 5% of seats for the Tories.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-30-2022 at 02:42 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote