View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 11:39 AM   #469
QuikSand
lolzcat

The campus heroes program, in particular, is especially resilient. It is now two or three weeks old, but there continues to be a lot of interest in those cards… Especially the 87 rated cards, one for each franchise. This is, I strongly suspect, a function of the set they created to get the 90 rated boss for that program. If I remember correctly, it requires five of the 87 rated cards, you submit them into the set to get one of the 90 rated cards…But you also receive an unsellable untradable bound version of the same five cards you submitted in the original set.

In the current state of the game, an 87 rated player is pretty high-quality… So this becomes a really cheap way for NMS players like myself to populate a roster fairly cheaply. Especially if you don’t much care whether the players line up with a theme team, or things of that nature. If you can buy five of the 87 cards for 400 K, run to Sette to get the 90 rated card, and sell it to clear 300 K… You just got five usable but not trade-able players for really cheap. I have done this at one time, and continue to use a few of those players quietly on my mostly dolphins theme team… But if you are really scraping along for cards, this feels like a great shortcut to populate your team with decent players everywhere.

And as a result, there continues to be interest in these 87 cards even two or three weeks after their release. At least half of my market activity has been around these 87 cards from the campus heroes site… The logic is the same with all the different offerings, but this one has been the most reliably profitable… Just so many people wandering around looking for useful players.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote