View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 12:13 PM   #16
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

It occurred to me that I was missing an important step in starting out. Going for a good trainer is critical but takes a while. I can get a lower-level one *much* faster.

For demonstration purposes, I did what you might do if you wanted to get them with one of your initial hires. I.e. limit the price to 90 or less (150 starting points minus 60 for a youngster). My aim was to get somebody I could quickly turn into a 4.0 trainer, although you can actually do better esp. if you're willing to pay a little more.

Brought in Swede Algot Adlercreutz, and dumped Rico to keep an open player spot and because he's temporary dead-weight anyhow. Looking for players in the mid-30s is best IMO. Adlercreutz is 33 although I'd generally go for a little older, but players in that range or older will have the best chance of being developed enough for training without being too expensive. Anyway, as they often do Adlercreutz had several thousand XP saved up. I trained doubles a handful and that was it, got him to the 4.0 trainer level (a small fraction below it actually). Choosing 4.0 because if you don't have a trainer at least that good, it's because you haven't tried since you can virtually pick them up off the street.

Need to get almost 3k experience which will take less than two months ingame most likely, and then he can get to work. I want to experiment some with how good a 4.0 trainer vs. a 5+ one vs. friendly matches are, I did some quick testing back in the day but not enough to quantify it. I do remember though that having a trainer of virtually any quality is better than not having one.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 08-16-2022 at 12:16 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote