View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 07:31 PM   #2544
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The report on the Uvalde, TX school shooting is one of the more thoroughly damning things I've read in quite a while.

There was no shortage of blame to go around and the legislative investigation spared pretty much no one collectively, though it does single out a few people who actually -- shockingly -- tried to act according to policy, protocol, and basic common sense.

Even if it's just a detailed summary of the 77 pages, I'd recommend reading that rather than simply relying on your favorite media outlet to give you talking points. And I mention that for a couple of specific reasons.

1) Remember how the media told us about the officer who requested permission to fire on the shooter as he was entering the building? The investigation found no credible evidence that such a thing ever happened, and it's believed that the person he did have eyes on was not the shooter but rather was a coach at the school who was herding students inside the building.

2) Remember all the criticism about the officer who was seen checking his phone / reading texts while standing around in the hallway? Indeed he WAS texting .. with his wife, a teacher at the school who was severely wounded in the attack. That officer was eventually disarmed and removed from the building, with the implication that he was taken outside because he didn't want to just stand around with his thumb up his ass like most of the nearly FOUR HUNDRED officers on the scene.

His wife was eventually transported to a hospital after the scene was secured but died en route.

Read the report, or at least read detailed summaries that aren't focused on specific narratives. And that advice goes to everybody regardless of where your spot on the political spectrum happens to be.

As if all that isn't bad enough...

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote