View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 08:47 AM   #133
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
And I simply dropped in to point out that, given the performance of the Russian military over the past week, they may want to start brushing up on their Chinese.

I figured when this started, China was going to slowly position Russia to become their new attack dog, replacing North Korea with something much bigger. But I figured they would be more akin to WW2 Italy to China's Germany. Russia was going to get increasingly cut off from the rest of the world so they'd have to get addicted to Chinese debt and watch their resources get sucked dry. This war is not helping them as I'm sure China is going "maybe they're not as useful as we though". I wonder how they've adjusted their 50 and 100 year strategic plans (I just figure China has something like that that's kindof realistic while most of ours are more pie-in-the-sky). That said, I'm sure China is also like "Russia's big but a lot of that land is really useless" and they have no desire to go in and just take it wholesale. Maybe they'll start annexing part, saying there are ethnic Chinese there.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote