View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 10:31 PM   #117
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
How is pointing out things the former President said and did "unhelpful and inappropriate"? He said them. He did them. They were direct too, not coded behind vague wording. And he has stood by what he said. You don't need to come up with excuses or alternative explanations. I don't know how much clearer he can be in his beliefs.

And no, Trump didn't come to power because of a lack of "civility". It's just an excuse your side uses because he does stuff you can't defend on merits. A way to get others to stop criticizing things you don't want them to.

What's uncivil is supporting psychopaths who will murder innocent people for money, power, or their own personal ego.

My side? I've made it clear that I am not a Republican and I have never voted Republican. I have noticed in you a tendency to make connections, much like a game of telephone. What I'm doing is not support. These wild accusations about my politics and motivations are not civilized or helpful.

I've also pointed out some of Trump's quotes myself. Where it goes off the rails is creating motivations for Trump or his supporters or even people who just plain don't like what you're posting that require connections that cannot be established. Just like when people were accusing Aaron Rodgers of white supremacy. That's how CNN/Fox style propaganda works.

We get politicians like Trump when we stop debating and start throwing that shit around. Because he stands up to it. He throws it right back at you. He loves that stuff.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote