View Single Post
Old 02-26-2022, 07:53 PM   #61
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Seems to me most conservative voices are asking why the administration isn't quickly acting to reduce gas prices (reversing course on Keystone, allow more drilling domestically, etc). I would gain a ton of respect for the administration if they would do these things.

They don't really care about the price of oil/gas. In fact, they helped broker a historic deal years ago to cut oil production and drive up prices across the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
It seems that producing more energy/oil domestically ASAP would benefit us at home and militarily with very little immediate cost. I think we can table the environmental arguments over such a policy for a few years while we maximize our ability to respond to a world wide conflict that would likely pit us against China, North Korea, Russia, and Iran at minimum.

The easiest short term solution is to get the Saudis to increase output again. We sell them weapons, provide them protection, and look the other way when they commit genocide, murder our journalists, and commit human rights abuses. Feel like maybe it's time to use some leverage and stop acting like their bitch.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote