View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 03:22 PM   #594
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: It's over.
I mean: we won!

Yes. Finally. At last. The second longest losing streak in the history of the Maassluis Merchantmen has come to an end. Despite giving up 469 yards in regulation, we managed to hold the Fairbanks Northstars to a 24-24 tie after 60 minutes and then rookie Oscar Harrison scored the game winning field goal on our second possession: 27-24! Vinny Buysse was shutdown, aside from 1 catch, a huge 75-yarder. Ernest Ashley threw for 324 yards, but was quite dizzy after the game, getting sacked 7 times...

European Division
1. Paris 9-4
2. Bordeaux 7-6
3. Gothenburg 7-6
4. Maassluis 3-10

Yeah, we clinched last place, we having nothing to lose anymore the rest of the way. So, we'll do our best to stay away from the #1 overall pick and start that by upsetting the Paris Musketeers in their own house. That would be the awesome, no? In the meantime, we try to improve our young team by giving them more time to grow. And for their and my sake, I hope they turn out to be good enough to remain starters for more than this lost season...

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 12-07-2021 at 03:23 PM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote