View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 09:44 AM   #593
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: We're improving?
But we're still losing.

Our losing streak has improved to 9 straight. It's the second longest in franchise history. Loyal fans know when the longest one happened, that was all the way back in 2004, the inaugural IHOF season. Back then after a 1-2 start, we lost 13 straight. We also lost in week 1 of the 2005 season.

So, what did we do the last two games? First of, we faced tough competition with the (currently) 9-3 Oakland Black Panthers and Houston Mustangs. We stacked against the run against Oakland and albeit that didn't quite work out as hoped, we put up a fight and lost 27-24 against the reigning champions. Against Houston our inability to get our star players on offense play like star players showed up once again and we lost 35-21, despite that we got the Houston quarterback on his worst day of the season. Earnest Ashley being the bright light on the offense was, well, encouraging news? Or was it one of his "see, I can play well 3 times per season" kind of performances?

European Division:
1. Paris 9-3
2. Bordeaux 6-6
3. Gothenburg 6-6
4. Maassluis 2-10

How about that, Paris still in the lead with a wide margin. Well, we'll be sure to try and play spoiler at their place in week 15. And then again in week 17 when the Gothenburg Giants come to Maassluis and will waste their last hopes to make the playoffs. Once can dream no? In between we'll try to keep the Colorado Cutthroats from staying in the race for the West division title.

But first, we'll get to face the Fairbanks Northstars, in our place. Soleciscmic Software has us as 5-point underdogs, the Dogbytes metric as 2-point underdogs.

Minus 130 points. That's the figure we're at right now and that's the one we're going to have to work on in those last 4 games, especially with that first one, which realistically is the one where we have the best chance to end the losing streak.

I can't say it in public (hence, why I'm writing this in this secret diary that nobody reads on the team), but have lost all hope that this team can win one more game this season. Which is a lie, because the last two games actually returned some belief that Calvin Maxwell and in particular Ken Torphy aren't just a complete of waste of draft picks... Although, the Lost Cause is pretty much that to me now.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote