View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 09:19 AM   #2
Edward64
Head Coach

Challenge #1

So plugged in monitor, keyboard, mouse. Turned it on and first surprise was the fugly screen. Apparently iPad OS doesn’t “scale” to the external monitor so there are thick black borders and a lot of wasted space.

Googling tells me this is the way it is. Apple doesn’t do this. Solution is buying an app like ShiftScreen 4x. There are others apps and am still researching on which one to get. But okay, there’s a solution here for about $8.

Challenge #2

I went to play a YT video and second issue is no sound. Apparently the iPad, once connected to a hub, assumes some other sound device. I read that if a monitor had integrated speakers it may work, but mine doesn’t.

Googling again told me try a bluetooth speaker. I had one lying around, paired it with my ipad plugged into the hub. Still no sound. Found the solution, see below, search for “airplay”

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251696756?page=2

Challenge #3

The scroll on my mouse works differently than on the PC. Scrolling down on iPad goes up whereas on the PC it goes down. Haven’t googled on it yet but there’s got to be a solution.

Challenge #4

My keyboard is connected via USB to the hub. As I’m typing this now, my keyboard’s “Home” and “End” keys don’t work at all? It’s not vBulletin because it doesn’t work in Gmail either. Haven’t figured this one out yet either.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-04-2021 at 09:38 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote