View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 07:47 AM   #592
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: Another loss
Experiment failed.

Yup, this was it. No more nonsense. I thought I had a quality staff. So, I let my offensive coordinator make the game plan. What resulted looked like drawing random doodles thrown into a hat and blindfolded getting pulled out. End result: Ken Torphy ran the ball only 12 times for a season low of 22 yards. Calvin Maxwell was targeted 2 times all game. 2 times... He made 1 catch for 3 yards. At least our kick holder had a decent game, at quarterback, completing 6 of 8 passes for 54 yards. Our defense really didn't do much to get the offense back on the field, giving up 521 total yards. Gothenburg had the ball for 41 minutes... We lost 36-10, we saved face as our rookie backup kickoff returner scored on a 100-yard return.

European Division
1. Paris 7-3
2. Gothenburg 6-4
3. Bordeaux 5-5
4. Maassluis 2-8

We're on pace for the most humiliating season in franchise history. Sure, we've already topped the win-loss total of the 2004 season, but I'm talking about the points scored and allowed difference. Our all-time low was a -105 set not too long ago in 2098. We're currently sitting at -113. So, yeah, we're on pace for -181. Mind blowing stuff, no?

Next up a much easier task? Nope, we're actually hosting the reigning IHOF champions: the Oakland Black Panthers. A mismatch for our defense, as our #31 run defense will have to face the #1 rushing offense. So, I suppose saving the season will have to wait for another week.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote