View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 04:46 PM   #564
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: Nowhere but to go up?
Yup, apparently so.

We fell 24-0 in Paris. That's right, we got shutout. By the time we reached the second half, it was almost like the Musketeers knew what play we were going to call from there on. So, changing things around, putting other plays in our play book from other formations than our 122 and 113 dominated game plan was not the answer. Another opportunity to make a hard to guess game plan has gone to waste and with that our window of opportunity got slammed closed. It's still squeaking as at 1-5 it's not locked yet, but it feels like we just spilled another season down the drain.

I'm not ready to give up quite yet, but getting humiliated by the hands of the Paris Musketeers was quite the punch in the stomach. I'll revert back to the also easy to guess game plan that got us past the Tucker Tigers, probably, but I'm clearly more puzzled than I even tried to describe I have been.

As I said before this season: until this team actually starts playing decent football, I'm not going to want to waste too much energy on writing about them. Telling them to get their act together though, it hasn't quite helped just yet. So, team: seriously? How about I threaten the team to position switch a non-kicker into a punter after every game lost, one for every point of margin we lost by. That way most of these guys will be out of football by this time next season if they keep this up, shattering their dream to ever win an IHOF Bowl. So, team, what will it be?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote