View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 10:51 AM   #502
PilotMan
Head Coach

I guess that I should have posted in here about all our trials and tribulations. The Wife has numerous food allergies, she's vegan, can't eat many foods that vegans can, such as quinoa, nuts, avocado, many grains in general. She tries to avoid gluten, but she's not allergic, but it does cause her face to break out and her stomach to swell up. So it's a sometimes food for her.

We took a vacation to Cancun to a resort that we've been to multiple times. They did amazing taking care of us this time. We sat down with the assistant supervisor for food and beverage every single day, along with the chef from the restaurant we were going to that night, and his host staff. Every day. And he would basically ask, what do you want to eat, and they would try their hardest to make that happen. It was a total VIP experience.

More to the recent conversation, I've been in downtown Denver for 3 weeks, and she's been staying with me for the past 2, and she has been so excited to be able to eat a plethora of vegan options. Normally we can do Mexican or Asian pretty easily in the Cincy area, and there are some other options but they are very spread out in the city. In Denver there are 2 fully vegan restaurants, and a bakery within walking distance, plus we've eaten Puruvian and Mediterranean along with the standard fare Mexican and Asian (she's really enjoyed the Pho we're close to).

Not once has she had to eat a burger as the only option, and she's been loving it. She's gotten to be such a great cook, that she appreciates the food that much more, although, she can recognize a poorly planned dish too as she has quite discerning tastes, but she'll still manage. I was worried initially about her food, but happy that we've been able to explore lots of different options that normally aren't available.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote