View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 03:44 PM   #3475
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Whatever Kirsten Sinema is doing is fascinating to me. I just read that her favorable/unfavorable AMONG DEMOCRATS is 17%/65%. It was 67%/15% on January 1st.

She has voted against raising minimum wage, altering the filibuster, and has generally been a "tough get" for Democrats on the more controversial votes this year and it seems like her base has quickly gotten tired of it.

I'm just wondering what her endgame is. Is she trying to be a maverick like John McCain?Is she really that much of a bipartisan, institutionalist? Is she just completely on-board with and loyal to her special interest groups? Does she already have a job as a lobbyist locked up?

I can't imagine that she thinks she can win re-election with this type of support from the Democrats and it isn't like the Republicans, who are applauding her now, are going to support her in a general election. It really is an unexpected set of stances that she is taking.I know Manchin is behaving similarly, but West Virginia and Arizona are two very different sets of voters. It seems unlikely that she could win a primary if this holds up.

People try to make her out to be more complicated than it is. She likes money, got bribes, and has decided that's the best path for her life. Not the first or last politician to go down that path.

She probably won't run in 4 years and will take a high-paying job as a lobbyist in the pharmaceutical industry.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote