View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 01:47 PM   #3455
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I'm curious what about voting against a missile shield makes her "safely anti-Semitic". Like if I don't think we need a build F-22s, am I "safely anti-American"?

It's not the vote itself. It's also the explanation for her present vote (and crying), somewhat one sided IMO. It struck me as anti-Israel and, by default, anti-Semitic. However, I do think it is fair to split the 2 and not assume they are the same if we make the distinction between religion and country.

Quote:
“The damage of this careless process created very real spillover effects into our community,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote. She added that it “created a real sense of panic and horror among those in our community who otherwise engage thoughtfully in these discussions.”

Ocasio-Cortez said that she wept during the vote, saying that she did so for the “complete lack of care for the human beings that are impacted by these decisions.”

“I hope we can take this moment and opportunity to more deeply engage in and grow a true, substantive movement of community support for human rights around the world - which includes cherishing and respecting the human rights of Palestinian people,” she continued.

Question to you - I'll assume you do not believe she is anti-Semitic. Do you believe AOC is anti-Israel?

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-25-2021 at 01:48 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote