View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 06:47 AM   #75
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I perused the side project Dolphins theme team, and it’s not in bad shape. I have enough guys on hand to get to the 50 for maximum team chemistry, and am amidst the process of getting the stadium and uniforms (those are “cards” too, available through sets or in the auction house… and those sets are indeed printing as usual).

If I were to keep this as a pristine Dolphins team, it will be awful, but maybe fun in a “house rules” kind of way. Really weak at TE, DT, LB, right side of OL. Lots of places with very low depth.

Then I could sprinkle in the “gift” players, like a captain (maybe DE Youngblood on this team?), and the other guys (might choose LB Seau, and SS Chancellor)… they all get whatever team chem you want.

And then there’s the path of saying 50 Phins is enough, and you just need that… and fill in elsewhere with BPAs. Improves the team a good deal, but at the cost of its identity to a degree. I really prefer both the challenge and the “vibe” of having Tua throw to Waddle, rather than… well, Vince Young throw to Gerald Everett. I want to be elated when they drop RG Larry Little as the Miami Team Diamond, rather than just play Wyatt Teller there.

So, I think for now I’ll split the baby a bit… when I play the Dolphins, I will switch over the gift players to help out, but I’m going pure Dolphins chemistry. Main limitation there fir now is at QB… 83 Tannehill or 79 Tua with some add-on skills and the scrambling archetype. I have a good deal of training needs for my various power up cards, probably will need 150-200k to bring up guys like G Incognito, C Pouncey, S Fitzpatrick, LB Quinn, and most importantly RB Bush. (Not a single current Phin among them, notably)
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote