View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 08:43 PM   #36
QuikSand
lolzcat

No such thing in Madden, really. There's an entirely separate currency "Points" that are only obtainable with real money... many things in the online store are dually priced in both gold/points. But you cannot simply buy gold for money.

So... price shifts like this are usually connected to something underlying the system. The standard is that every so often they "update pack odds" so when you buy a pack of cards from the store to open, the chances of each quality/denomination improves. (e.g. a given pack, at the same price in gold, will go from having a 2.4% chance of holding an 87+ player to a 4.7% chance, and so forth) That, in essence, shifts the implied ratio of gold to "stuff" in the game, and it will have a tectonic shift something like 4-6 times during the year.

So, the big thing that happened was the release of the Campus Heroes on Friday. To me, that seems like it just flooded the market with 80s (true) and that should lessen the importance of having any of the various 80s already out there... so I'd expect all of them to come down in price. And with lots of 89s newly available and buy-able, I'd expect people's fascination with players like my 86 Nick Chubb or my 87 Myles Garrett to come down, now that there are more higher-rated guys at those positions... also seems like it would push prices down on the no-longer-premium players. Instead, it feels like a sellers' market for everything except the cheap 80-rated Campus Heroes.

I suspect there's an underlying mechanic in play, I just don't understand it.

Last edited by QuikSand : 09-05-2021 at 08:44 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote