View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 04:52 PM   #31
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, so the note above about getting lucky in a "true" action with live bidders was cool. But this, below, is my jam.

In the fairly complex world of the MUT auction house, there are multiple avenues for a card to be worth something. The main separator here is between the thorough and the lazy. This is a button-mashing game at its heart, so lots of people want to play Madden, want to play this Ultimate Team part of it, but do not really want to think or study. This is my arbitrage opportunity.

Case in point, right now. The Campus heroes has flooded the market with lots of 80-rated lesser versions of its 20 players. With 80-rated guys suddenly dropping in price from around 11K to 8K... what does that offer me?

Well... there's a set out there involving 80-82 rated players. There's a special set of cards called Team Builders - for each franchise, one offense and one defense, both rated 84. You got one copy when doing some early challenges, to help introduce the team chemistry concepts. But an 84 guy is pretty valuable in the game (though, as always, that value is diminishing slowly).

Anyway... there's also a set to get one of these guys of your choice. It takes three players rated 80-82, and three rated 75-79. The card you get is not restricted, you can put it right onto the auction block.

Anyway, over the last hour or so, I have unloaded my entire bankroll of around 300K in coins and most of the extra cards I had laying around not in my roster, and I have completed this set about 10 times over. Here's the math:

3x 80-rated player (Campus Heroes all) @ 8,000 = 24,000
3x 75-79 gold player @ 3,000 = 9,000
Cost to complete each set = 33,000
...and those are my ceiling prices, many are a bit cheaper)

Now, I am completing these sets deliberately... just looking around at what is available, and targeting players who are either absent from the auction house at the moment, or only available for a high price. Basically I am trying to sell the 84 guys I get from each set for about 45,000 coins. The house takes 10% of each sale, so I collect around 40,000 each.

Buy for 33,000, sell for 40,000. If they all sell, this is easy money. Most of them should, within a day or so. Do this 10x over, and I likely clear more than 70,000 in coins without mashing a single button.

So... that's where we are now, mostly invested in this as an angle, hoping these cards sell at the silly prices (silly because anyone with a little patience could just construct his own 84 Sterling Shepherd card for $33K worth of components, rather than buying him for $45K from me). By this time tomorrow I will hope to have swelled my bankroll up past 400,000 gold.

Last edited by QuikSand : 09-04-2021 at 04:53 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote