View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 10:48 PM   #291
PilotMan
Head Coach

What a whirlwind year.

The youngest graduated high school at 17. He spend his entire senior year at home taking dual enrollment classes at the local community college. It was, without question, the best decision that we could have made for him. He did great, and graduated with High Honors. He's planning to go to Northern Kentucky University, and live at home while working on media/broadcasting/journalism. His goal is to work on the production side of things and do editing for shows, commercials, etc. NKU does very well, and Cincy is one of the better places in the US for it. So that meets his needs. He also should be offered a half scholarship and with living at home, he's going to be in a really good position financially and plans to graduate in 3 years.

The youngest one finished his first year at Eastern Kentucky University and man, what a year it was for him. The kid is working his balls off, and making a name for himself. He's got some great avenues in front of him right now. As of right now he's working on a double major in Professional Flight and Aviation Management and a minor in Business. He belongs to the professional fraternities for both of those majors and has made connections locally in the Management sector in Lexington and Louisville. He got his Commercial Drone operator certificate (both of us got into racing drones and he is quite good at it, but doesn't have time anymore). He also started work over the summer in the department, continues to work on his Commercial Pilot Certificate, which he should have done in the next few weeks. He's been trying to convince the department that they need a drone program and that it ties together with the aviation program, and the massive direction that drones will trend to in the coming years. The president called the head of the department and said that he wants them to develop one and Zach is now working with a professor to develop that program. He's made friends with the owner of the flight school in Cincinnati where he did his private pilots license last year and the owner really likes him. He's offered Zach an opportunity to fly his multi-engine King Air with him once he finishes his multi engine rating later this year. That's an opportunity that any pilot would kill for. The chance to build time toward an airline career and get paid for it in an advanced plane like that is incredible. We'll see how it all ends up working out. And he's only 19 years old. He's trying to do all this and graduate in 3 years, but there's a possibility if things pan out for him, that he could graduate in 2 with just a single degree, and be able to start his career even faster. He completely trusts my advice for how to network, and sell himself to people, and how to develop his career.

Both kids readily come to us for advice and they are both very focused on a track that they want, and a pathway that they can see forward to success.

I cannot understate just how proud I am of them. When the youngest graduated, I cried. It's hard to have them all grown up, I miss their little years, but I am overjoyed with the men they have become.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote