View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 08:54 PM   #119
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
There's going to be overreaction to the Atlanta series, but just looking at that series, it wouldn't take much of a return to improve over what he showed. I think I saw he took 3 total shots in the 4th quarter of this series? The Sixers offense had him standing at the elbow and floating around to spots to hide him on offense. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player getting paid to be a superstar so afraid to be put in a position to take a shot.

The biggest concern with Simmons is he's shown absolutely zero interest in improving his shooting. In interviews he's mentioned he takes pride in not needing an outside shot to be effective in today's game. His extension was signed before Morey came on board as well so I'm not sure the current Sixers decision makers have the same faith in him that was there when the extension was signed.

I saw a Simmons for Lavine trade idea floated around and that's probably the only deal out there that helps both teams. The Sixers would get someone that fits better with Embiid and the Bulls get someone under team control for longer and may be a better fit with Vucevic and Markkanen.

With GarPax not in control, I don't think that trade happens, and I hope it doesn't. I'm not the biggest fan of Lavine as the #1, but I'd rather have him than Simmons. Now if you're saying ship out Markkanen for Simmons, I'm listening.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote