View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 04:41 PM   #114
miami_fan
Coordinator

Do the Sixers have a choice but to keep Simmons? Are they leaning on Embiid who is still brittle and Tobias Harris who is well Tobias Harris if Simmons goes? What else are they giving up in order to convince another team to take on a supposed liability in the eyes of the Sixers?

I think we have to remember that Simmons is only in his 4th season and will only be 25 next month. I was shocked at how similar some of the per 36 numbers are when you compare Simmons to Giannis over their first four seasons.

Yes, Simmons has to develop an outside shot. I am not even talking about a three pointer at this point either. He should be able to develop a 12 to 15 foot jumper to compliment him driving to the basket over and over and over. Embiid still wants to hang out by the three point line about a quarter of the time so the opportunities for an open lane will be there. The drives to the basket should be his priority. Well that and free throws.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote