View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 09:13 AM   #13
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
This from The Sporting News...
2. Mike Price, UTEP. The guy made a stupid mistake, but understand this: There's no way -- no way -- Alabama finishes 4-9 under Price. He's a terrific coach who deserved a second chance and got it. Any coach who can take Washington State to two Rose Bowls knows how to coach and recruit, and Price will bring his killer instincts to the sidelines and folksy personality to the recruiting trails.

Plus, when it comes to recruiting liabilities, El Paso looks like Los Angeles compared to Pullman, Wash. Price is still in the early stages of putting together a staff, but it could look similar to the group he put together at Alabama, which included sons Aaron and Eric Price on the offensive side. Bottom line: The Miners will win the WAC within three years. Grade: A

Interesting comments.

However, I get a little tired of people equating Pullman to some kind of Siberia-like gulag. Sure, it's in a rural area. Yes, it's not a big city atmosphere, and the nearest sizable city (Spokane) is over an hour away. But the Palouse is a gorgeous part of the state, it's a great, friendly college town, and though I grew up in the Seattle area I never felt that Pullman was a terrible place to be. I loved it. I think the sports media overblows the whole isolation thing.

But I'm biased. And no, I'm not bitter.