View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 06:18 AM   #678
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
Yes, the same thing was said about the Obama administration. In the last six years of his presidency, with divided government, the market flourished. Yes, the same thing was said about the Clinton administration. In the last six years of his presidency, with divided government, the market flourished. Presumably, we will have divided government in two years and the market will probably flourish again.

I've heard this and googled on it. WSJ article says a divided government is not any better. But Fortune, Yahoo and other articles seems to support what you (and what I've heard) are saying.

I can easily believe the yes/no camps are using 2 different sets of data or assumptions (e.g. start tracking day after election or on inauguration, start tracking as of when). I believe WSJ is using all historical data whereas Yahoo is using as of 1980's.

So if someone has a definitive link, appreciate a link. Until then, I'll side with you that a divided government is (recent) historically better and not just focus on a one-data-set example.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-31-2021 at 06:18 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote