View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 08:20 AM   #899
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Again I'll ask, why is it always up to the Dems to be reaching across the aisle and bi-partisan. One party has spent the better part of 12 years (maybe more) in bending rules, breaking rules, and going out of their way to not compromise. Obama was a moderate, Hillary was a moderate, but few on the R side want to deal. I mean, this is a party that would not allow for a SC nomination months before an election, and then jams theirs through weeks before they are about to lose power, even laughing at themselves saying they would not do it 4 years ago. Yet the ball is in the Dems court to be the party of compromise?

In my hypothetical answer to SirFozzie's hypothetical question, there is much the GOP would be compromising on e.g. HR1, Biden's 100 days, Trump's censure

In real life, Biden has said he wanted to find ways to work across the aisle (as he should). Picking at scabs from the past ain't gonna help.

The way to do that is negotiate where both parties see it as win-win not a win-loss, and compromise will be needed. So give him a chance to make it happen (admittedly lower odds). With that said, not going forward with impeachment #2 and not forcing GOP to vote yea-nay is a big prize and will need a big concession(s) from the GOP.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-10-2021 at 08:24 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote