View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 01:24 PM   #133
SirBlurton
High School Varsity

Season 2 Off Season

Here's a word document that lists off-season developments for Season 2.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/v5sa0...2fl7p95xauc06e

The big stories were:
-some hints of disfunction starting to emerge in Ottawa as player egos start to get inflated.
-Vancouver "lucking" into possibly the best player in the draft with pick #7 and a huge upgrade at QB.
-Edmonton QB Zaire Willis looking like he's ready to make another leap while there are worrying signs of a possible sophomore slump with QB Mark Harry in Halifax.

I'm stilling thinking about whether I want to tackle a GUI version of this for my next project. I obviously love the engine quite a bit - but running through a couple of off-seasons has been a lot of work and I'm not "sold" on the idea it will be worth the effort - a D6 based progression system feels pretty limited.

That said, I basically had the GUI "done" except for the match engine on the first version of the tools and this project cleaned up the match engine - so I would just have to zip up two halves I already made. The offseason logic would take some work but it's not overly complex....

Will probably play out a third season more slowly and dabble in other projects before committing.
SirBlurton is offline   Reply With Quote