Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 10:51 PM   #473
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Update:

Surgery is done, took roughly 1 hour (!) Full hip replacement, almost standard except that they attach it to the side of good bone instead of at the top (where the bad bone was) ... She's expected to be on her feet by Wednesday afternoon. Yes, you read that right.

Approx 99% of both bone intrusion (basically tumor that bored into the bone) and a separate suspect soft tissue mass have been removed but that is "non-curative", they took it out to get it out of the way.

Pathology gets that material and reports take approximately 10 days. And once that comes back, then we go from there.

But, for the broken femur repair procedure itself, went as simply & straightforward as possible really.

---------------

Non-update message to the FOFC, from me to y'all. This post is straight c&p of what we gave her three closest & oldest friends (msgd 'cause I'm not waking them up with the phone). It's basically everything we know ourselves. It'll be the same as I give her mother in the morning aside from any notes post-recovery.

We may fuss & fight among ourselves here over lots of things but both this summer and the past few days, I've felt nothing but compassion and support from this community and I'm grateful beyond words for that. I can only hope I can treat all in similar situations with the same amount of grace as you've treated me. I will certainly strive to do so.