View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 07:58 AM   #108
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
No problem, I didn't take it personally. I appreciate your POV, you have real life experiences as a coach.

And they have also been some of the best experiences of my life. Especially the very bottom picture, which was not about elation or disappointment as reflected in the first two pictures from different seasons.

Picture 3 is a post game picture of a game against our biggest rival at Westview, a hard fought 20-14 win that meant nothing in the context of what you see here. A player on the opposing team had lost his life in a tragic accident the week before. We had just completed an emotionally and physically draining game against a school there was never any love lost for.

But here, players, parents and coaches gathered at midfield to honor this young man, share words, a gift from our program to his parents and release balloons. Not rivals at this moment, but a brotherhood and a family. This, more than the score of any game I have coached in encompasses what all sports should always ultimately be about.

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote