View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 01:54 PM   #101
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
There should be absolutely zero tolerance for putting your hands on an athlete period, especially on an U9 youth football team.

In 32 years of HS Football I have zero complaints about my conduct as a coach. If I lost my mind tomorrow and smacked a kid in the head hard enough to knock him down, I would not only be fired, but pretty much blackballed from getting a job on another staff in this state, and that is how it should be. Arizona has had issues with coaches in years past using physical intimidation on players and there is no way that flies here anymore, no matter how good your record has been in the past.

If you aren't enough of a man to control your emotions, again especially in youth ball, where the focus should not be on winning, but developing athletes skills and passion for the game, then you don't deserve to hold a clipboard.

I generally believe in second chances. People make mistakes.

I like to know the context (has he done this before, under stress with kid in hospital, other parents think he's been a good coach other than for this one incident etc. ... whatever), is he remorseful and accept the bad he has done (seem to in the vid).

If he is an habitual offender, no question. If this is the first time, give him a path to get back into it after paying his dues.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-11-2020 at 01:54 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote