View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 06:00 AM   #264
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I'm glad both of my children are home for now. My oldest is telling me he wants to move out by next summer, the one who is not in college. He is working at Taco Bell and is by far their most dependable employee. He is still figuring things out but wants to do it not living here.

The college one just finished his first semester at Cincinnati, or is finishing. He has decided not to go back for spring, just to take online courses from home. He is in a co-op program, so he wants to do a co-op locally for next fall and live at home. That means after 3 months away, he'll be home for 12 months, then back at school Spring '22.

I am ready for them both to go, and I'm already feeling a little bit of that empty nest... and I like it. But I can wait another year.

I am hoping the kids end up staying in GA or close to one of our in-laws (and we'll relocate). I can see letting the kids live at home first year out of college but would rather have them out of the house. My wife and I were also talking about when we would get the kids off our Med & Auto insurance.

Question on first son. Can he live by himself working at Taco Bell or will he have to get a roommate(s)?
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote